Individual Responsibility---Objective 77

In A & P 210 with Dr. Middleton, we had to do a community service project that involved the class donating blood to a local blood bank.  At first, I was a little nervous because I have never given blood before and I had heard that the needles were HUGE!  Well push came to shove (my procrastinating habits came into play) and I finally decided to get it over with (at the very last minute).  To tell you the truth it wasn't that bad.  The needle WAS huge and the nurse said I have pretty deep veins, so there was some pain involved, but hey I've given birth to two VERY big headed daughters so I was able to deal with the pain.  Anyways, to make a long story short, I have given blood ,every 2 months or so, since then.  If it was not for Dr. Middleton and that dreaded project I would have never realized the importance of giving blood.